International Technical Support Engineer Manila (m/f) (m/f)
EMNIFY | MANILA, PHILIPPINES
EMnify is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, revolutionizing cellular Internet of Things (IoT). Our connectivity management service provides mobile network operators, enterprises, and developers globally with technology connecting ‘things’. The first to provide a mobile core infrastructure as a cloud service, EMnify enables secure, reliable and scalable connectivity, in ways previously impossible. EMnify leads the way towards a future without communication barriers. Today we serve customers from more than 70 countries, enabling innovative business models and IoT use cases across the globe.
We are looking for a solution-oriented International Technical Support Engineer Manila (m/f) who will operate as our first/second level support for our customers. You will help build and grow our IoT (Internet of Things) business by providing our international customers with excellent support and by making sure that the technical issues are resolved effectively in line with company SLA’s against KPI’s. The position provides a unique chance for a hands-on person to contribute to our rapidly growing business and to the continuous improvement of our knowledge base.
In addition, this role includes responsibilities for monitoring Systems Operations and support readiness during any issues with our service delivery.
EMnify’s Technical Support Engineer is the first point of contact for incoming support requests from our international customers.
- Make a great first impression, provide our customers with the confidence that they will be well taken care of while the case is being investigated.
- Provide a technical support via ticket-system, email, telephone, Social Media or Chat.
- Prioritize requests and find customer-oriented and suitable solutions, often in close collaboration with our Customer Success, Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Be responsible for our support and ticketing system, Zendesk, by following up with all requests until all issues are solved.
- Communicate procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Define and track bugs for development and offer innovative ideas to engineering and product teams to improve our user experience and the product quality.
- Always contribute and maintain our knowledgebase articles.
System operations and monitoring responsibilities include
- Monitor and mitigate alerts of our production system.
- Support customers when issues are detected or in progress.
- Provide suggestions and improvements for internal process and ticket handling.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- 4-7 years’ experience in SaaS, PaaS, Telecoms, customer support, IoT/M2M
- Passion to automate processes; resourceful and unwavering to solve customer and production issues.
- Experience in technical customer support, ideally at a mobile network operator or telecoms vendor
- Knowledge of maintenance and Technical Support activities and processes
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows Client and Server, Linux)
- Passion for IoT and M2M products and markets and familiarity on SaaS and cloud-based business mode
- Extensive hands-on experience in Linux
- Experience in the use of a support ticketing system, e.g. Zendesk, JIRA, any other
- A technical education would be appreciated, e.g. network operations or telecommunications engineering
- Fluency in English. An additional language is essential
- Hands-on, team- and solution-oriented personality
- Ability to work in shifts
With you, as part of our team, we want to expand our success globally and inspire businesses and developers with our innovative product. You’ll be at the forefront of the global technological revolution of IoT.
Some benefits you’ll get at EMnify:
- A flat hierarchy, direct and open communication culture
- Challenging tasks in a dynamic and international environment (25+ nationalities)
- Great central location in the heart of Makati City
Jobs at EMnify