Senior Financial Controller (m/w)
4HUNDRED | MUNICH, GERMANY
We are Germany’s first fully digital energy provider. We leverage cutting edge technology alongside a positive and compelling brand voice to bring a much needed breath of fresh air to the energy market.
We founded 4hundred in 2017 to bring simple, transparent and fair prices to all German households. We have made it our mission to deliver the benefits of the latest technologies to our customers in a beautifully designed easy-to-use interface that makes energy simple and fun. We continuously work with our community of customers to find ways to make our product even better – after all, it’s them who use it every day. We want to offer the best digital user experience in energy.
You will be responsible for Financial Control, Financial Planning and Finance Strategy, and will report directly to the CEO.
You will be responsible for ensuring 4hundred’s resources are directed, monitored and measured in an accurate and timely manner and to maintain a ‘No Surprises Environment’.
You’ll be the contact point for all finance-related questions – stretching across financial statements, management accounts, funding and customer payments.
As our Financial Controller you’ll be able to allocate future resources beneficially to 4hundred and to introduce a clear methodology to achieve these plans. You’ll take over responsibility for the financial model that sits at the heart of our 3 year plan, you will reconcile actual performance versus this plan, and adjust future forecasts based on past performance.
You will help build and execute an action plan to support 4hundred in achieving its long term objectives. You will be working closely with the founders and shareholders, and will be expected to build a close working relationship with the Finance team at OVO Energy (OVO is the largest investor in 4hundred).
Your specific tasks will include:
- Accurate production and detailed understanding of monthly management accounts and financial forecasts for both the Board and external stakeholders
- Accountable for the accuracy of all monthly financial information, including energy supply gross margin, cash flow and balance sheet reconciliation
- Managing and monitoring compliance with energy taxes & levies, employee-related payments and other taxes
- Daily cash flow management
- Management of external reporting requirements, including year-end accounts (in partnership with 4hundred’s external accounting provider)
- Ensuring continuous improvement and simplification of financial processes;
- Build, manage and develop a Finance team
What you offer:
Ideally you should have a background which reflects some or all of the following elements:
- Several years professional experience in a role with significant exposure to technology and/or energy businesses, either in industry or as a consultant
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, informal environment and comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Able to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Workday
- Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent with several years post-qualified experience
You are diligent with a preference for attention to detail and are willing to dig and investigate at depth to resolve problems.
Crucially, you really get a kick out of mastering the financial flows within an organisation. Your prior experience with finance tools and processes will ensure that you are able to help automate and optimise everything we do.
As an independent problem solver, you are more than happy approaching challenging new tasks, always working ‘hands-on’ towards tangible objectives. You can confidently engage and interact with stakeholders across the business. You thrive in an international environment and on top of your native German, you have excellent English skills.
Jobs at 4hundred