Backend Developer (m/f/d)
GINI | MUNICH, GERMANY
Who we are – Gini family
- Flexible working hours and home office
- An annual training budget of 2.500 € and 5 extra days off for personal and professional development
- A “Steward” who helps you settle in and cares for your personal growth
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cereal, snacks and loads of soda and beer
- Amazing location in downtown Munich
- A feedback-giving culture full of purpose and community. Check out what employees and candidates say about us on kununu and Glassdoor.
Your playing field at Gini
- You will maintain, operate, and implement features for a product that is used by millions of people.
- You will create well documented and easy to use APIs, services, and interfaces for our partners to connect to.
- You will have a holistic overview of the product and find remarkable backend solutions that smoothly fit into it.
- You will conduct code reviews and write brilliant tests.
- You will partner closely with Mobile, AI, and Semantic peers as well as product owners by actively contributing with new ideas and excellent code.
- You have 2+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and operating REST APIs. You build it, you run it.
- You have excellent knowledge of Java 8+ or the JVM. Python or Go proficiency is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases. Cassandra and Elasticsearch knowledge is a plus.
- You always test and deploy your code using CI/CD.
- You are a hands-on problem solver and are not afraid of stepping out of your immediate role to get a holistic view of various technical angles.
- You easily connect with different personalities in English and preferably in German as well (though everyone is welcome to join our free in-house German classes).
You might be also interested in: