Solar Internship (m/f)
3MEGAWATT | MUNICH, GERMANY
We are looking for a bright Solar Intern to join us in the fight against climate change. We are building software to automate and optimize the management of operating renewable energy plants. Our BluePoint software platform helps investors and operators of renewable energy portfolios to manage their assets more efficiently. We provide support for 22 countries and count leading solar companies as our clients. We are a young, dynamic team who enjoy working closely together for the benefit of our clients. We are all eager to change the way the renewable industry manages their asset portfolios, so that we can do our little bit to make the world a better place. We are looking for a full-time Intern based in our Munich office to assist with product development starting in summer 2019. Are you interested? Then read on.
What we offer you
During the internship, you will develop good understanding of renewable investment and solar asset management processes and how they apply in different countries/jurisdictions and for different types of distributed generation assets. Specifically you will learn:
- What it is like to work in a start-up and how a fast growing technology company works
- Get insight into business processes for marketing, business development, client support, product management and administration
- What is required to continue to stay ahead of the competition
- How a young, professional and passionate group of people work together in a closely knit team
What you will do
The internship is designed to provide meaningful work experience and insight into the solar and wind industry. The intern will work directly with one or more members of the management team as a direct support for all client support, product development and implementation activities.
- Supporting the client account managers
- Improving our client support documentation and manuals
- Reviewing our client portals and make suggestions for improvements to the ease of navigation and overall consistency
- Assisting with the client "on-boarding" and implementation process
- Researching client needs and potential new functionalities for our BluePoint software
- Assisting with marketing and business development activities
- General organization and administrative support
What we care about
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with a lot of intellectual curiosity. You will thrive in fast growing entrepreneurial culture where initiative and good ideas are highly valued. You will enjoy working with a multicultural team who are at the cutting edge in their industry and who are pushing hard to make their solution an industry standard. We are looking preferably for a candidate studying renewable energy, business administration, marketing, economics, law or engineering. Ideally, you also bring the following qualifications:
- High level of commitment, dedication and independence
- Excellent computer skills: Very strong MS Office skills are required
- You appreciate a lean organization, think and act like an entrepreneur
- You feel comfortable in an international environment
- Excellent English (written and verbal) is a must. Fluency in other major language is an advantage but not required. German skills are not relevant for this position
- A positive view: no job is too big, no job is too small
- Strong interest in renewable energy, particularly solar and wind
Important notes for your application1. We will only consider applicants currently enrolled in a university and looking for a mandatory internship 2. If you are not European citizen, you should already have a permit to work in Germany
Tech Small Size
"3megawatt is a pioneer in its space and it's in between two very exciting industries which are renewable energy and SaaS. Renewable energy is booming and energy itself is the biggest market in the world."
Vice Presitent for Operations
"During the meetings you can say whatever comes to your mind and your ideas don't just flow around – they become real in the application itself, so it's really nice to be listened in this company."
Emin Bugra Saral.
Lead Software Engineer
Jobs at 3megawatt